- Housings and casting critical dimensions correspond to those of the counterpart Marley model
- Complete noise and vibration testing performed up to 500 horsepower loading
- Spiral Bevel Gears are precision machined from high-grade alloy steel, case hardened and lapped in pairs, allowing for quiet and efficient operation
- Helical Gears designed specifically for fan drive service provide low-noise, low-vibration operation
- Bearing life exceeding 100,000 hours
- All shafting is made from high alloy, fatigue resistant steel
- Spring-loaded, single-lipped Shaft Seals eliminate gearbox contamination
Amarillo A Series Fan Drives-A20
The Amarillo A Series gear drives are designed as replacements for the Marley Cooling Tower gearboxes.
Please contact ICS to order
The Amarillo A Series A20 right angle cooling tower gear drives are designed as direct replacements for the Marley Cooling Tower line of right angle drives. There are no differences in the critical mounting dimensions of the A Series making gear drive replacements easy. The gear housing foot-patterns, input shaft diameters and keyways are identical so existing couplings and drive shafts do not have to be replaced.
Single Reduction “A” Series Gear Drive
The Single Reduction “A” Series Gear Drives for cooling towers from Amarillo Gear Company are designed as direct replacements for the Marley® right angle gear boxes. Since there are no differences in the critical mounting dimensions, the “A” Series will make Marley® gear box replacements easy. Gear housing foot patterns are identical, eliminating expensive gear drive mechanical support modifications.
The input shaft diameters and keyways are the same, so existing couplings and drive shafts do not have to be replaced. All service ports are also easily accessible. Reduction ratios are within ±2% of the Marley® gear box ratios, eliminating the need to make costly fan pitch adjustments.
Amarillo “A” Series Model replaces
20, 20T, 1800, 2000*
*= Provide Amarillo Gear Company with dimensions of the input and output shafts for possible interchange modifications to the Amarillo “A” Series model selected.
Standard Features Include:
- Oil Heater & Thermostat – Not Available
- Oil Level Switch – CSA listed for hazardous location: Class1, Div. 1, Groups C&D rated 10 amps@ 125 VAC and SPDT standard
Optional Features Include:
- Specialized paint
- Low Speed Option-modification to the single reduction gearbox that allows for no minimum input (motor) speed when used in conjunction with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) – (without low speed option the minimum speed is 450 RPM)
- Oil Level Switch – DPDT is available – request pricing
- Synthetic Oil
- 304SS Ball Valve
- Export Box
- Delivery Time may be extended with optional equipment and features
- Model – Input RPM – Gear Ratio – Fan RPM – Service Rating (2.0 Service Factor)
- A20 – 1750 – 3.27 – 535 – 35
- A20 – 1750 – 3.78 – 463 – 30
- A20 – 1750 – 4.11 – 426 – 25
- A20 – 1750 – 4.89 – 358 – 20