- Housings and casting critical dimensions correspond to those of the counterpart Marley model
- Complete noise and vibration testing performed up to 500 horsepower loading
- Spiral Bevel Gears are precision machined from high-grade alloy steel, case hardened and lapped in pairs, allowing for quiet and efficient operation
- Helical Gears designed specifically for fan drive service provide low-noise, low-vibration operation
- Bearing life exceeding 100,000 hours
- All shafting is made from high alloy, fatigue resistant steel
- Spring-loaded, single-lipped Shaft Seals eliminate gearbox contamination
Amarillo A Series Fan Drives – A34
The Amarillo A Series Fan Drives are designed as replacements for the Marley Cooling Tower gearboxes.
Please contact ICS to order
Amarillo A Series Fan Drives – A34
The Amarillo A Series Fan Drives are designed as direct replacements for the Marley Cooling Tower line of right angle gear drives. There are no differences in the critical mounting dimensions of the A Series making gear drive replacements easy. The gear housing foot-patterns, input shaft diameters and keyways are identical so existing couplings and drive shafts do not have to be replaced.
Since there are no differences in the critical mounting dimensions, the “A” Series will make Marley® gear box replacements easy. Gear housing foot patterns are identical, eliminating expensive gear drive mechanical support modifications.
The input shaft diameters and keyways are the same, so existing couplings and drive shafts do not have to be replaced. All service ports are also easily accessible. Reduction ratios are within ± 2% of the Marley® gear box ratios, eliminating the need to make costly fan pitch adjustments.
Amarillo “A” Series Model replaces
32, 32.1T, 32.2*, 3200*
*= Provide Amarillo Gear Company with dimensions of input and output shafts for possible interchange modifications to the Amarillo “A” series model selected. Please note that in some instances Marley® offers up to 4 different output shaft choices per model.
Ratio Selection and Gear Drive Ratings
All ratios shown in the catalog are reducing and defined as the ratio of the input speed to the output speed. Ratios shown are exact within ±2%. For your particular model and ratio, please contact the factory to confirm selection and availability.
AGMA and CTI recommend a minimum service factor of 2.0 for gear drives in cooling tower fan service when driven by electric motors or steam turbines. All ratings are service ratings and include a 2.0 service factor unless otherwise noted. Ratings listed in the catalog are for 60 cycle electric motor speeds. Ratings for speeds less than 1,750 rpm are proportional to the rated speed. Contact the factory for recommendations when the driver speed exceeds 1,800 rpm or falls below 450 rpm.
Direction of Rotation
Normal rotation is both shafts clockwise as shown in the illustrations in the catalog. Occasional use with both shafts rotating counterclockwise is permissible (unless the gear drive is equipped with Amarillo Gear’s optional non-reverse backstop).
Straight Output Shaft Information
All Amarillo “A” Series gear drives cooling tower drives may be furnished, upon request, with a cylindrical output shaft (no-taper). Please contact factory for pricing and availability.
Other Output Shaft Selections
Marley® has offered numerous output shaft lengths and at least 2 tapers (1/2” per foot and 3-1/2” per foot) on their double reduction models. If you do not know which output shaft your gear drive has, please complete the worksheet below and contact Amarillo Gear Company for proper selection or provide a certified dimensional print of your existing gear drive. A dimensional print of an Amarillo “A” Series gear drive with proper output and input shaft dimensions can be provided before ordering if requested.
Length of taper (D)________________ Keyway size (F)______________________
Small end diameter (E1)____________ Keyway parallel to centerline or taper_______
Large end diameter (E2)____________ Overall Height (C)_____________________
Other Options to Consider
Upon request, Amarillo Gear Company can equip your Amarillo “A” Series gear drive with non-reverse backstop, low oil level switch, oil heaters & thermostat, synthetic oil, drain valves, etc.
Standard Features Include:
- Oil Heater & Thermostat – Not Available
- Oil Level Switch – CSA listed for hazardous location: Class1, Div. 1, Groups C&D rated 10 amps@ 125 VAC and SPDT standard
Optional Features Include:
- Specialized paint
- Electric Oil Pump – input (motor) speed less than 450 RPM on double reduction gearboxes require this option – request pricing
- Oil Level Switch – DPDT is available – request pricing
- Synthetic Oil
- 304SS Ball Valve
- Export Box
- Delivery Time may be extended with optional equipment and features
- Model – Input RPM – Gear Ratio – Fan RPM – Service Rating (2.0 Service Factor)
- A34 – 1750 – 8.85 – 198 – 180
- A34 – 1750 – 10.28 – 170 – 180
- A34 – 1750 – 11.18 – 157 – 180
- A34 – 1750 – 13 – 135 – 180