Single Reduction “A” Series Gear Drive
The Single Reduction “A” Series Gear Drives for cooling towers from Amarillo Gear Company are designed as direct replacements for the Marley® right angle gear boxes. Since there are no differences in the critical mounting dimensions, the “A” Series will make Marley® gear box replacements easy. Gear housing foot patterns are identical, eliminating expensive gear drive mechanical support modifications.
The input shaft diameters and keyways are the same, so existing couplings and drive shafts do not have to be replaced. All service ports are also easily accessible. Reduction ratios are within ±2% of the Marley® gear box ratios, eliminating the need to make costly fan pitch adjustments.
Amarillo “A” Series Model replaces
20, 20T, 1800, 2000*
22.1, 22.1T, 22.2, 22.3, 2200
27T, 27.1, 2700T*
*= Provide Amarillo Gear Company with dimensions of the input and output shafts for possible interchange modifications to the Amarillo “A” Series model selected.
Standard Features Include:
- Oil Heater & Thermostat – Not Available
- Oil Level Switch – CSA listed for hazardous location: Class1, Div. 1, Groups C&D rated 10 [email protected] 125 VAC and SPDT standard
Optional Features Include:
- Specialized paint
- Low Speed Option-modification to the single reduction gearbox that allows for no minimum input (motor) speed when used in conjunction with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) – (without low speed option the minimum speed is 450 RPM)
- Oil Level Switch – DPDT is available – request pricing
- Synthetic Oil
- 304SS Ball Valve
- Export Box
- Delivery Time may be extended with optional equipment and features
- Model – Input RPM – Gear Ratio – Fan RPM – Service Rating (2.0 Service Factor)
- A20 – 1750 – 5.77 – 303 – 80
- A20 – 1750 – 7.71 – 227 – 75
- A20 – 1750 – 8.66 – 202 – 60
- A20 – 1750 – 9.83 – 178 – 40
Amarillo A Series Fan Drives – A27
The Amarillo A Series Fan Drives are designed as direct replacements for the Marley Cooling Tower line of right angle gear drives. There are no differences in the critical mounting dimensions of the A Series making gear drive replacements easy. The gear housing foot-patterns, input shaft diameters and keyways are identical so existing couplings and drive shafts do not have to be replaced.