- Programmable configuration allows the user to configure virtually every switch option in the field, via the display’s keypad, or via USB connection to the PRO configuration software.
- Multiple switch configurations in a plant can be supported by a single PRO, reducing spare part requirements and complexity.
- One or (optional) two alarm levels are available, allowing separate shutdown (Danger) and pre-shutdown (Alert) setpoints.
- Bright, dot-matrix LED 2-line display is standard with every PRO switch, allowing the user to see not only current readings, but the associated engineering units. Eliminates scrolling and ambiguity as to what units are being displayed, or whether RMS or Peak detection is being used. Display is visible under all lighting conditions, including complete darkness.
- Configurable for True Peak or RMS on all vibration measurements. Unlike devices that use an RMS detector and merely scale the reading to obtain “pseudo peak” (RMS x 1.414), the PRO switch features both a true peak detection circuit and a true RMS detection circuit, allowing you to choose either one with confidence that the readings delivered will be accurate.
- 4-20 mA outputs allow the switch to provide the measured vibration level as a proportional 4-20 mA signal, ideal for PLCs, DCSs, and other plant control and automation systems that can provide trending and remote display of vibration levels for operators.
- Programmable power-up delay bypasses alarming functions after switch is energized. The delay is fully programmable from 20-30 seconds in 1-second increments.
- Programmable alarm delay can be set from 1 to 15 seconds in 1-second increments. Helps eliminate spurious alarms by ensuring that only vibration conditions persisting for more than the pre-set delay will trigger an ALERT or SHUTDOWN.
- Remote reset capabilities allow the user to connect a remote contact closure for resetting the switch when latching-type alarms are used.
Metrix PRO 440, 450 & 6000 Switch Family
The PRO™ vibration switch family consists of the PRO440, the PRO450, and the PRO6000. These switches have nearly identical* functionality and differ only by the enclosure mounting style and rating, allowing placement on or near the machine in the environmental conditions and hazardous area classifications typical of industrial plants.
Each switch in the PRO family is programmable via a USB port and PRO configuration software, or via the switch’s integral keypad/display. Advanced capabilities allow PRO switches to deliver self-contained, single-channel vibration protection with one or (optional) two fully adjustable alarm levels and corresponding electro-mechanical relays. Alarm and startup delays are independently programmable, local reset capabilities are provided, and terminals are available for remotely invoking switch bypass and switch reset. Independent 4-20 mA and buffered transducer output wiring terminals are provided for connection to plant control systems and condition monitoring instruments. Status LEDs and a 2-line alphanumeric display are standard, allowing the user to locally assess vibration levels, alarm conditions, and sensor OK conditions.
* The PRO450 is available with an optional internal BNC connector for the buffered signal output. This option is not available on the PRO440 or PRO6000.